HELLO!!

Welcome to my blog... here I will be as honest I will be me. No apologies take me or leave me.

Monday, June 20, 2011

Teens and sex.....

I was watching the view today and they were talking about Elisabeth hasselbeck doing a study on teens having sex in the home with parents knowing and being ok with it.

I know times are changing and teens are having sex more and more and younger an younger but does that make it right for parents to be ok with it let alone knowing it's going on under their roof? Don't get me wrong I'm not condeming anyone that would make me a hyprocrite iv had sex as a teen (and at the age of 17 got pregnant had a miscarriage.) I understand there are hormones running wild and crazy but isn't that where the parent should step in and teach about birth control or abstance etc?? Am I wrong? I just think sometime parents forget they are parents and that they need to be in control. Do teens really understand the possible outcome of sex??

Now on the other hand... Maybe it's a good idea that way if they are feeling pressured to do something the parent is there to stop it. Idk kinda sounds weird to me.

I know I've not been in this situation as a parent before but I know it's going to happen one day and I'm honestly not sure how I will handle that when the time comes. I hope that I will have instilled some thing in Kai where he knows he can talk to me about anything but that he knows what's right and wrong.

What are your thoughts on this??

Btw the ages of these teens are 14-19.

No comments:

Post a Comment